- 1 ½ lbs tomatillos
- 2 poblano pepper
- 2 serrano pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup diced white onion
- For the salsa, remove the husk from the tomatillos, wah them and cut into half.
- Take a baking tray and place tomatillos on it. Remove seeds from poblano and serrano peppers. Slice them and place them on the baking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and broil it for 3 mins or until the skin is charred. After broiling, turm on the oven to 450 degree F and place the tray in the mid rack and bake it for 10 mins.
- Remove it from the oven and allow to cool. In a blender, add roasted peppers and tomatillos with garlic, cumin, salt, vegetable broth and onion.
- Blend it on high until a smooth green sauce.
- Enjoy it as a dipping sauce or have it on enchiladas. This is my favorite recipe.