Ramen Deviled Eggs
- 6-8 large brown eggs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp Monk fruit sweetener
- 2-inch piece of ginger grated
- 2 star anise
- 4-5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2-3 tsp sriracha
- ¼ cup fried shallots/onions
- Chili flakes
- 3 tbsp chopped chives or spring onions
- Take a large vessel. Add water. Let it heat up a little and then add eggs to it. Let it boil for about 15 mins. Turn the heat off and cover it with a lid for about 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add soy sauce, sweetener, grated ginger and star anise. Add water to this mix and let it come to a boil. Turn of the heat and let it simmer for about 5 mins.
- Now keep the soy sauce mix in the refrigerator so that it completely cools down.
- Meanwhile, remove the eggs from the hot water and put it in ice water. Now separate the shell from the eggs. This way the eggs are deshelled very smoothly.
- Put the eggs in a zip lock bag and add soy sauce mix to it. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- Remove the egg mix from the refrigerator.
- Now take a sharp knife, wet it a little bit and then cut the eggs into half.
- Remove the yolk in a separate bowl and add mayonnaise and sriracha to it. Mix it till it’s a smooth mixture. You can use a hand mixer to do that.
- Now put this mix in a piping bag and pipe out on the egg whites.
- Top it with fried onions or shallots, some chili flakes and chives or spring onions. Enjoy this amazing appetizers with your friends and family.